Cell Line Development
Cell lines such as Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells are used in the development and production of therapeutic proteins. Ensuring correct genetic engineering is important in various stages of cell line development.
Cergentis' Targeted Locus Amplification (TLA) technology empowers:
- The optimisation and validation of new cell line generation technologies
- Clone selection
- Clonality and genetic stability analyses
- Application notes
- Application note on the use of the TLA technology in transgene and integration site sequencing in CHO cell lines.
- Application note on Genedata Selector for Efficient and High Quality CHO Cell Line Development - Leveraging TLA for complete sequencing of expression constructs and integration sites
O'Brien SA et al. (2020)
Bayer HealthCare & University of Minnesota
Aeschlimann SH et al. (2019)
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research & Cergentis
Aebischer-Gumy C et al. (2019)
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals & Thomas A. Little Consulting
Patel NA et al. (2018)
Boyd D et al. (2018)
Baumann M et al. (2017)
Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology (ACIB), MilliporeSigma & University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU)
Zhu J & Hatton D (2017)
Mickus B (Presentation - 2016)
Kaas CS et al. (2015)
Novo Nordisk & Technical University of Denmark
TLA: Improved genetic characterisation and clonality assessment for (CHO) cell line development
TLA analyses are used to identify:
- The genomic position(s) of transgene integration site(s).
- Single nucleotide variants in the transgene sequence.
- Structural changes in the transgene sequence and
- Genetic alterations resulting from targeted (trans)gene editing.
Cergentis supports many leading pharmaceutical companies in (CHO) cell line development and quality control of genetically engineered cells.